Sunday, November 11, 2007

Honkers - Asia's International City

Or so they call it here.

Have just landed for my first ever experience of Hong Kong. Now those of you that have been here before should tune out because I am going to say a lot of the same stuff you have probably already said.

Also a first for me was flying Cathay. Unfortunately it was not their finest moment with a bucket o' crap A330 that was just tired. The cabin crew were also apparently as weary as the plane and in no mood for customer service. The Captain on the other hand, was one of the highlights of the flight. Came on a few times in the most cheery british accent you can imagine and seemed genuinly suprised that someone was letting him in the pointy end. Thats what you want, someone who enjoys their job.

The flight was just a flight, not enough bumps for mine, and as always for a lanky chap, not enough legroom. Sol Truillijo (is that how you spell it) was on the plane in first class and I am sure all the Telstra shareholders will be pleased to hear that costs about 12k on Cathay.

So my first impressions, well its a hilly sort of place with lots of rater tall and congested bits of concrete. I haven't really had the chance to have a peek about but will get out tomorrow with the work colleagues up here and again tomorrow night. Hope to have a new Digi up and running and will add some pics as I figure it all out.

I am keen to do a few things while here, head up the hill, check out the cricket ground (alleged to be the most scenic in the World) Maybe do a chopper flight if I can find the spondoolie, and buy the aforementioned new camera. Only got three days here so it will be a tight schedule.

After the three days I head into Beijing for 3 days, where the weather forecast tells me I have a snowstorm with -5 degrees waiting for me, oh happy happy days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Welcome back. You're right, Facebook is crap.

Have fun in the snowstorm, fatboy.

JB