Monday, January 28, 2008

Mexico City

Hola! I made it to Mexico. I was not fortunate enough to find a bed in the beast that is LAX airport so I had to push through. In the end that made for around 36 hours with no sleep, but when I did get to sleep I managed to punch out 14 hours without waking up so I am now as fresh as a daisy.

On the upside of the trip, I think it is the longest Australia Day I have ever had.

The first thing you notice about Mexico City its its size. It starts appearing about 40 minutes before you land. Huge! The second thing you notice is that you can only see a little bit of it at any one time because of the pollution. There is this constant grey haze that is like a blanket. Still it doesn’t seem to bad (from one who has spent about 35 minutes outside).

I have to say that the trip from the airport was not as traumatic as everyone makes out and I was to the hotel in no time. The Airport itself is SPECTACULAR. The guys who own LAX could learn a thing or to from the Mexicans. It is spacious, has a good amount of shops, is modern and I think if you were stuck there for a while it wouldn’t be too bad.

Today (whats left of it) I am meeting up with my work contact for a quick tour of the city and then heading out for dinner with them. Should be a good opportunity for me to practice my Spanish before I have to train a group of them tomorrow in a language I know nothing of J

Adios Amigos.

No comments: